Waterpool Trading Ltd has recently transitioned its business entity to Water Partners (Aust) Ltd. The new entity is a company limited by guarantee. The company is member based and is effectively owned by the community for the benefit of the community. Water Partners (Aust) Ltd will trade as Waterpool Trading.
The key outcome of the transition is that the Waterpool trusted models of trade, providing market driven price outcomes and absolute transparency, will remain community owned in perpetuity.
Membership of Water Partners (Aust) Ltd is free and remains open to anyone.
Member rights will not be impaired by the transition and will retain the right to have a say in the future operation of the new entity through voting rights at General Meetings and in the election of Directors.
Water Partners (Aust) Ltd will be governed by a Member elected Board of Directors.
This new entity presents an exciting opportunity to further enhance our services to the irrigation community, whilst maintaining the trusted methods of trade for which the Waterpool brand has become well recognised.
Why Use Waterpool
- Water Partners (Aust) Ltd is effectively owned by the community for the benefit of the community.
- Our experienced staff provide the care and attention that traders expect.
- Water Partners (Aust) Ltd trades allocation water through a pooled exchange at a price driven by the market.
- Water Partners (Aust) Ltd operates a live online Traderoom that operates 24/7 for rapid trade of allocation water.
- Water Partners (Aust) Ltd provides a “start to finish” service for clients trading in permanent entitlements and are experts in providing guidance in water purchases and sales.
- Water Partners (Aust) Ltd uses the electronic interface to the Victorian Water Register to ensure the speedy and smooth handling of all allocation trade approvals.
- Water Partners (Aust) Ltd sets the standards of ethical transparent water trading.
- Water Partners (Aust) Ltd not only looks after the larger traders, smaller traders are afforded the same care and attention to detail.
- The weekly trading process is independently audited.
- Water Partners (Aust) Ltd will not undertake private trades of allocation entitlement outside the mechanisms adopted for fair and transparent market disclosure.
Who Should Use Waterpool
Water Partners (Aust) Ltd is a great resource for anyone interested in water trading in Australia. Our members and traders consist of irrigators, farmers, government organisations, corporate clients and other water trading organisations. We also serve as a great resource for growers’ and farmers’ organisations, and for local and state government.
In simple terms, think of Water Partners (Aust) Ltd like the stock exchange of water. You can visit our trading room and website to find out more about how water is trading, or if you are ready to trade, then you can sign up and trade with us 24/7.
Membership of Water Partners (Aust) Ltd is free and open to anyone.
By registering as a Member you are given a say in the operation of the company via voting rights at General Meetings and in the election of Directors.
Water Partners (Aust) Ltd is simple to join; ask our helpful staff for a membership application.
Water Partners (Aust) Ltd is a company limited by guarantee.
Water Partners (Aust) Ltd runs under its established principles:
To provide a pooled exchange trading model that will:
- Support a fair and ethical trading environment,
- Conduct trades in an open and transparent manner,
- Provide a published current price reference point for market participants,
- Ensure confidentiality of trade and trader information.
- Publish and adhere to developed pooled exchange trading rules.
- To provide a live online traderoom environment that provides the same transparency and price disclosure as the pooled exchange.
- To provide a credible brokering service for both low & high reliability water shares.
- Governance protocols ensures that all members are treated equitably and that no Director or involved person will be advantaged over another member.
- Ensure that the Constitution permits the member elected Board to appoint, at its discretion, skilled independent Directors, in the minority, to oversee the operation of the Water Partners (Aust) Ltd business.
- Protocols have been developed to ensure appropriate disclosure of the water trading activities of Directors or other involved persons.