Who we are
- Waterpool is a community owned entity governed by a board of Directors.
- Waterpool is the only Not-for-Profit water trading entity in Australia.
- We were set up by irrigators to ensure a fair, market driven trading platform.
- All profits are returned to the business, and in future, to the community via educational programs, scholarships or community funds etc.
What we do now
- Promote water as a resource in agriculture across all industries;
- Provide a market driven platform for water trading;
- Give you the tools to make an informed decision to manage your water, short & long term;
- Supply a range of products, resources & services
- Give you a vote - all members have the right to elect board members at the Annual General meeting;
- Have our Pooled Exchange audited each week;
- Have a complete history of our Pooled Exchange & Traderoom trades available on our website;
- Register all trades made by Waterpool with the Water Register at true value;
- Operate under a consitution demanding ethical & transparent trading for all.
What we will do
- Continue to provide personalised service;
- Provide educational opportunities;
- Support irrigators through on-site visits & resources;
- Set the benchmark for ethical & transparent trading;
- Operate strictly within the regulations, using best practice methods;
- Engage with industry & community to develop relationships, gain understanding & evolve to meet requirements;
- Participate in research & development for the betterment of the agricutural industry;
What we can't and won't do
- Leverage one market against another;
- Predict prices - we will not influence the market;
- Apply a margin to allocation & permanent water trades;
- Conflict of Interest and Water Trading Policies prevent trade by company officers;
- Buy water in our own right to on-trade